The best brick quality product that will ensure lasting durability
All our bricks are manufactured in Spain to more exacting European standards.
This results in a better product better able to stand the tests of time and our climate while looking great at all times.
Higher compressive strength means….
- Better structural characteristics and ability to use in civil engineering applications e.g. higher unsupported walls
- Better performance in earthquake loading
- Less cracking and chipping in transport and laying
Lower initial rate of absorption (suction) means….
- No requirement to wet bricks on hot days
- less risk of mortar weakening due to high suction
Lower expansion means….
- Reduced requirement to design for brick growth
Lower maximum water absorption means….
- Lower permeability
- Reduced ingress of moisture, damp and salts which can weaken and damage bricks
- Long term maintenance of compressive strength
Comparison of technical parameters
|Quality parameter||Spanish Klinker||Spanish Standard||AUS extruded 1||AUS sandstock 2||AUS dry press 3|
|Compressive strength (Mpa)s||> 40||> 20||> 20||>5 to >15||>8 to > 20|
|initial rate of absorption (kg/m2/min)||< 0.9||< 0.9||< 0.5 – 1.0||2 -6||3 –8|
|15 year coefficient of expansion||<0.2 to <0.6||<0.2 to <0.6||< 1.0||< 1.0||<0.5 to < 1.0|
|Max cold water absorption||< 6%||< 6%||< 8%||< 12%||<6% to <12%|
- Based on PGH/Austral extruded range
- Based on PGH/Monier sandstock range and Austral Governors (NSW)
- Based on Austral dry Pressed Bowral brick range